General and industrial construction
2.5 times higher durability of composite bars allows a ninefold reduction in weight in relation to analogous (resulting from exchange) steel bar.
THIS FACT ALLOWS TO ACHIEVE SIGNIFICANT COST SAVINGS RELATED TO:
- Loading and unloading – no need to use cranes
- Transport – no need to use lorries
- Arrangement of bars on site
FURTHER SAVINGS GENERATED BY USING COMPOSITE BARS RESULT FROM:
- Minimising material loss resulting from the necessity to cut bar ends. Steel bar ends, due to their short length, are often unfit to be used.
- Remarkable acceleration of the process of arranging bars since there is no necessity to apply overlaps. The bigger the reinforcement surface, the bigger the effect
- quicker, easier and safer cutting which results from the fact that composite bars are three times less thick.